Raisins are cholesterol free, low in sodium, high in fibre and totally fat free. They also contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, making their nutritional value very high. Raisins are an excellent source of quick energy, as they contain 70 percent pure fructose which gets digested by the body easily and gives instant energy. The following list includes more of the health benefits of eating raisins:
– Contain many B vitamins known for boosting energy.
– With their antioxidant properties, raisins help keep the blood clear and flowing by getting rid of the impurities.
– Raisins are believed to be good for bone density and have been associated with lower risk of osteoporosis in women.
– The phytonutients and oleanolic acid present in raisins makes them beneficial for the health of teeth and gums.
– Raisins are good for eyes and have been found to be helpful in prevention of macular degeneration.
– Raisins are high in calories, but not fats, and they are a very good source of energy, especially for children and athletes.
– Rich in iron: a nutrient which is necessary for formation of hemoglobin which carries oxygen to all body cells. An iron deficiency can cause weakness, bruising, sensitivity to cold, difficulty concentrating, irritability and fatigue. Raisins can help you build up on that iron!
– Rich in fiber and tartaric which promote digestive health and regularity. Diet rich in fiber can help lower the risk of colorectal cancer.
– Studies claim that raisins contain additional nutritive compounds that can protect against heart disease and colon cancer.